Sales of tablets dropped 3.4% despite the fact that Apple and Huawei posted gains. What is the cause and if this trend has a chance to turn around?

For anyone it will be no surprise to say that in the last few years the tablet market is shrinking. Although most recent players have recorded sales growth, but the market is not in the positive. It is shrinking all the time, and the upswing in Apple or Huawei has only slowed down the shrinking pace. In the first quarter of 2017, the rate of recession was 8.5% . In the second quarter it was 3.4% . This is a big difference, but for now there is nothing to celebrate. What is the number of copies sold in individual companies? The market leader is Apple, here there is no surprise. The Cupertino giants take home 30.1% of the tablet market, delivering 11.4 million in the second quarter. This is 1.4 million more than in the corresponding period of 2016.

fot. IDC

fot. IDC

The second order is Samsung, but in his case the numbers are similar. Pretty good, but the Amazon and Huawei , respectively, fourth and third respectively. Huawei increased revenue from the market from 5.3 to 8%, while Amazon from 4.1 to 6.4%. It's up by almost 50%! Last on the list is Lenovo, whose sales volume shrank from 6.5 to 5.7% of market share. These five manufacturers combined with the rest of the tablet market have shipped a total of 37.9 million devices. We see that compared to 2016 the decline is 3.4%, because then sold 39.3 million tablets. Here we come to an interesting situation – four of the largest manufacturers record sales growth, two even by 50%, and yet the overall sales volume is falling. What it comes from? It's simple, the mentioned four, which is in plus holds a total of about 60% of the market . The remaining 40% are declining, the size of which is large enough to shrink the whole market. Experts responsible for preparing this data predict further slowdown of the tablet market. They are responsible for the premiere of new devices Microsoft and Apple. Source: AndroidPolice